San Diego Comic Convention

I've been attending the San Diego Comic Convention since 1985, and have many photos of comic professionals, icons, fans, models, movie stars, rock stars, and exhibitionists who mingle with the Great Unwashed every year, for 4 days straight, (usually in the muggiest, hottest time of year).

The majority of these photos were taken with an old school 35 mm Bell 'n' Howell camera that my brother gave me in 1968. I also used a hand held light meter. That's the "thing" hanging around my neck in some of the pix.

Credits to pix taken by other friends are duly noted.



Wednesday, November 28, 2007

1994


THE GIG FROM HELL!
Everything that could go wrong,
went wrong. First, the Hotel San
Diego lied about having air conditioning
, so the joint was 100 degrees, then
the P.A. we rented blew up during
sound check. Most of the people
there were totally miserable because
of the heat and weren't into the music
at all. No one danced, and I don't blame
'em. The one shining moment was when
Buddy Blue placed 5 shots of bourbon
on the floor in appreciation cuz' we
played our asses off and got down and
dirty. I have never sweated so much in
my life, and as you can see from JR and
Wayno's shirts, neither had they. Poor
JR blew out his vocal cords because
we had to use my bass amp for a P.A.
Even so, we had ourselves a TIME!

1 comment:

Wayno said...

I git sweaty again just LOOKING at that photo. You're so right, we did have ourselves a time, and Buddy Blue was a hell of a gent.

It's about time for a reunion tour!